For obvious reasons, the museum remains closed because of the concerns about the Covid-19 / Corona virus. We will review the situation as appropriate, and will update here.
We also have to cancel our May Lecture. We hope to invite the speaker(s) at a later time.
And our Docent appreciation lunch has also been postponed, which does not mean we don’t appreciate our volunteers – on the contrary!
As compensation, we were able to get a rare view of the museum entrance without any cars blocking the sight line.
In the mean time, while keeping distance and sheltering in place, we are still working on the museum:
* A new Quarterly has been sent to all members. As usual, this means that the previous Quarterly has been made available on our publication archive website.
* Work has started on preparing the next Quartery.
* The April Board meeting went ahead using conference software.
* The curator has been catching up – all alone, of course – on work in the warehouse.
* Work has been progressing on digitizing the information in our card catalog
* A new security system has been installed in the museum.
* continuing work on upkeep of the Meyers House
* continued work on monitoring mail, email, and social media (Facebook)
We also have a new docent coordinator!
Thanks go to Evelyn Kennedy for many years of performing this role, and to Jean Graubart for taking this on!
Evelyn will remain a board member.
Unfortunately, a mistake was made in the Quarterly regarding Jean’s information. Her phone number is: 510-217-8193.
Thank you for your continued support.
Myrna van Lunteren
Alameda Museum Board