Scouts from Troop 78 raised a historic flag in the garden of the Meyers House Museum. The ceremony was a celebration of the original 1897 flagpole, restored by Alameda Museum volunteer Carl Ramos and his grandsons. Legions in vintage clothing took part, as did Mayor Marie Gilmore, historian Woody Minor, and officers from both the Police and Fire Departments. Delightfully garbed in Victorian costume, Jim Smallman was the M.C.
Below are photos from Museum Board President, Judith Lynch and Museum Director and Meyers House Committee Chairman, Charlie Howell. Click on any of them to enlarge.